This building was constructed in 1839 and is the oldest continuously operating tavern in Dayton. This location originally housed a residence, a meat and provisions store, a tavern, a shoe-shine shop, a barbershop and several sleeping rooms. If walls could talk!
Over the years, we’ve remained a gathering place for an interesting variety of patrons-into the early 20th century as the “Old Tavern,” and “The Liquor Room;” through Prohibition as “The Ace Restaurant,” the wild days of the “Filth-n-Wine” District as “The Pickle Barrel,” and the 1970s renaissance of the Oregon District when it became The Trolley Stop.
We are proud to continue those old time traditions – fresh, homemade food from local vendors, friendly service, live music, plenty of delicious cocktails, and, of course, ever-flowing beer taps. As the Neighborhood Tavern to the World,we are proud to continue the traditions.